So, when I started Sunshine Whispers, it never occurred to me that I would be legally responsible to the Federal Trade Commission. Yipes!
Of course, that makes sense though. I mean, if you come to my site, you are building a relationship with me. A good relationship starts with trust and honestly, clear communication is also essential.
Why does that matter at Sunshine Whispers? Here is the deal:
- I participate in affiliate programs. Specifically, I am member of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. That means that in my posts, I may include links to products sold on Amazon. This is mostly for your convenience.. so if you see something you are interested in, you have the option to order it. However, if you click through to Amazon and make a purchase, I will get a small percentage of the purchase price. Not a lot. However, it is something. You are not charged more though. If a post contains affiliate links I will let you know.
- Additionally, I have ads from Amazon on my site. I also participate in Google AdSense, so you will see their ads as well.
- Sunshine Whispers also accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
- As with affiliate links, if I write a sponsored post, I will tell you up front.
Here is the bottom line:
- If I include an affiliate link or write a sponsored post, you can be sure I will give you my honest opinion.
- If a post is related to a product, it is likely I was given that product for free.
- However, I will not promote a product I don’t believe in. So, if you see sponsored content, it is likely a product I would review or use without compensation.
- Additionally, the views and opinions expressed in this blog are mine (unless you are reading a guest blog post).
- Sunshine Whispers does collect email addresses for newsletters and RSS feeds. Subscription to this service is optional.
- Email addresses will not be shared with 3rd parties.
- Sunshine Whispers uses third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information [not including your name, address, email address or telephone number] about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- I would be honored for you to use any ideas found on this blog.
- If you are sharing content on your blog or site, you may use one picture with a link to the original post.
- Please do not reprint the entire blog post or distribute free/printable content, without obtaining permission from the original author.
- Contact me (Sara) at email@example.com to obtain permission.
These policies are in effect as of 5 March 2015.