I want to challenge you this week. Look for the good in others and then praise them for it. Think about the last time someone offered you genuine words of encouragement. You felt pretty awesome, didn’t you? Now think about how your own genuine words of encouragement to others can have a profound impact on their lives. Read on for a few more thoughts on encouragement and check out Sunshine for Your Week for many other inspiring and encouraging quotes.
Kind Words Like Honey: Sunshine for Your Week
How can you encourage others with your words?
- Catch your child being good and ‘call’ them on it.
- Offer genuine praise to your kid for something they did, or the spirit in which they did it.
- Write a note to someone you look up to and tell them why they have made a difference in your life.
- Thank your spouse for the small (or large) ways he helps around the house.
- Listen empathetically to your friend when they need to vent and offer comfort.. or at least tell them they are not crazy and this too shall pass.
- Look for the good in people instead of immediately assuming bad intentions.
- Practice random acts of kindness with strangers.
I don’t know about you, but I could certainly use more encouragement in my life. Perhaps the best way to receive, is to give.
And with that… I just wanted to say thank you to you, my readers! I feel very blessed that you choose to visit this site. So, thanks!