It’s going to snow in April where I live. Snow? Really? That is crazy! However, would you like to know what is crazier than snow in April? Try reasoning with a 3-year old. Most Moms have a long list of crazy things their preschooler has said or done, and many of them are accompanied by screaming, crying, whining, and flailing. Don’t let it get you down though… roll with it, have a laugh, and eat more chocolate!
22 Ways Reasoning With a 3-Year Old Drives Mom to Eat Chocolate
- The nightly negotiation on how many books to read before bed. Mom says three. 3-year old says– wait, there is a limit?
- No Sweetie, we can’t go to Target at 1030PM to buy you another pair of Elsa slippers.
- ‘BUT I WANT TO WEAR THE PURPLE TIGHTS!!!!’— your daughter screams, her arms and legs flailing wildly. (pink sparkly tights were not acceptable)
- ‘Barbie doesn’t say that Mommy!’ (followed by uncontrollable sobbing). Note to Mom: NEVER deviate from your 3-year old’s pretend play script.
- Dude– Wipe your butt! Flush the toilet! And for the love of Daniel Tiger and Katerina Kittycat– WASH YOUR HANDS!
- The Bears are going to eat me!
- Waaaa, the sun is looking at me Mommy.
- Don’t talk Daddy.
- Don’t look at me.
- Don’t touch me!
- Mommy, he is breathing on me! Tell him to stop breathing on me!
- ‘Sweetheart, please stop screaming in the car.’ ‘I am not screaming Mommy. Minnie Mouse is screaming.’
- The wolf is going to eat me!
- ‘Is the sky blue?’ –yes– ‘Is the sky blue?’ –yes– ‘Is the sky blue?’ –yes– ‘Is the sky blue?’ –yes– ‘IS THE SKY BLUE?!!!!’ –yes– (it never ends)
- Can you dress my baby? (2 minutes later) Can you dress my baby? (2 minutes later) Can you dress my baby? (really?)
- Why did you take your shoes and socks off in the car? It is 2 degrees outside! — My socks itch.
- Mommy has boobies. I have boobies. Daddy doesn’t have boobies. …Minnie Mouse has boobies.
- Mommy, you are banana pants. Banana pants (snicker snicker). Boop– Banana pants! Booty butt! (what does that even mean?)
- Sweetheart, come say hi to Grandma on Skype! — NO! — Ok, then.
- ‘Mommy, can you open my baggie of crackers?’ ‘No sweetie, Mommy is driving.’ ‘Mommy!!!! Open my crackers! WAAAAAA!’ (sure, let me get that for you right after we crash into the ditch)
- But I wanted the purple cup! I want purple water!
- The monsters are going to eat me!
Then again, it is hard to be a 3-year old. Didn’t you know that purple water will ward off the monsters after you have crashed into the ditch? Well, now you know. ..grab the chocolate while you still can!
Thanks for stopping by today!